Welcome Back Message from the Superintendent - August 2022
Dear South Hamilton Students, Parents, and Community Members,
On behalf of the staff at South Hamilton Community School District, I’m excited to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership to ensure the children in our community achieve their highest potential and are future-ready Hawks.
I am grateful for and look forward to the opportunity to continue serving the school and community at South Hamilton. It is a privilege to live in this community and to work with this dedicated educational team and supportive community.
Please visit the school registration link at www.shhawks.net to complete school registration on Infinite Campus as soon as possible. School fees are available to view in Infinite Campus. Fees can be paid online via Infinite Campus or by submitting cash or check to the school.
Please mark your calendars for the upcoming events on Monday, August 22nd.
- 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. - Elementary and Jr/Sr High Open Houses
- 5:00 p.m.-5:15 p.m. - 7th Grade and 7th-12th New Student Orientation
- 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. - Home School Assistance Program Meeting
School begins for all students on Tuesday, August 23rd at 8:20 a.m. Please note the early dismissal at 1:20 p.m. at the elementary building and 1:30 p.m. at the Jr/Sr building on Tuesday, August 23rd.
Professional development for teachers will take place on Wednesday mornings this year. There will be a one-hour late start most Wednesdays throughout the school year to allow teacher teams to collaborate on curriculum alignment and meeting the needs of all students. The first one-hour late start will be on Wednesday, August 24th. There will not be a one-hour late start on Wednesdays with early holiday dismissals (November 23rd and December 21st).
School picture day is September 23rd. Please also note that there is no school on September 5th for the observance of Labor Day.
Welcome to New Staff
As we start the year, I’m excited to welcome new South Hamilton staff members:
- Holly Adix - Food Service Staff
- Craig Edmondson - Science Teacher
- Mike Elbert - Social Studies Teacher
- Kacie Hesse - 4th Grade Teacher
- Beth Kliegl - Language Arts Teacher
- Emily Krstulic - School Counselor
- Kayla Krull - Language Arts Teacher
- Brett Steelman - Elementary School Counselor
- Mary Whitlock - Vocal Music Teacher
- Lacy Lake - Human Resources Director
- Gene Greenfield - Bus Driver
- Paul Hemphill - Bus Driver
- Roger Olson - Bus Driver
- Lisa Thompson - Elementary Associate
- Yvette Fiddelke - Elementary Associate
We also want to acknowledge current staff members who have changed positions:
- Dan Brodie - Athletic Director
- Ashley Flatebo - 2nd Grade Teacher
- Mindy Jacoby - MTSS/Instructional Coach
- Amy Klemp - 5th Grade Teacher
- Lisa Pulis - School Improvement Coordinator
- Amy Trask - Business Teacher
The federal program to provide free meals to students has ended. Lunch prices will be $2.75 for Transitional Kindergarten-6th grade lunches and $2.90 for 7th-12th lunches. Breakfast is $1.75 for Transitional Kindergarten-6th grade and $1.80 for 7th-12th. The cost to purchase a 2nd milk is 40-cents or if a student brings their lunch from home and would like to purchase a milk, the cost is 40-cents.
Free and Reduced Meal Applications are available on the district website www.shhawks.net or by contacting the district office at 515-827-5479. The cost for reduced price lunch is 40-cents and reduced price breakfast is 30-cents.
Please reach out at any time you have questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you to provide the highest quality experiences for South Hamilton students. Go Hawks!
Ms. Heather Holm
Address: 315 Division St, Jewell IA 50130