South Hamilton School District Seeks SIAC Members
South Hamilton Community School District Superintendent Ken Howard is looking for interested parents and community members to serve on the 2017-2018 School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC). The School Improvement Advisory Committee meets up to two times a year, and is charged with annually making recommendations to the board with regard to progress achieved with annual improvement goals for the state indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science, and progress achieved with other locally determined indicators that address the core content areas.
Within the SIAC, each district in Iowa, to the extent possible, is required to have committee membership that is a balanced representation with regard to race, gender, national origin, and disability. Membership includes students, parents, teachers, administrators, and representatives from the local community.
A brief list of some of the SIAC goals and purposes:
• Understand and exemplify the school improvement process.
• Work collaboratively to support the district and student
• Connect with community businesses and area service agencies in regard to school improvement.
• Review and receive reports regarding curriculum processes and educational programming.
• Review of district goals, analyze student achievement data, and make recommendations
• Every five years conduct a community needs assessment. Completed; to be reviewed, discussed and recommendations made.
Superintendent Howard is requesting that anyone who has served on the SIAC and any parents or community members who are interested in serving on the SIAC, to please contact the Superintendent’s office (827-5479). The initial South Hamilton SIAC meeting is scheduled for WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17th starting at 6:15 p.m. in the Middle/High School Library. Refreshments will be provided.