SH Stakeholders for School Improvement Advisory Committee for 20-21 School Year
The South Hamilton School District is seeking stakeholders to serve on its SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE for 2020-2021 School Year
South Hamilton Community School District Superintendent Ken Howard is looking for stakeholders interested in serving on the 2020-2021 School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC). The School Improvement Advisory Committee meets up to two times a year, and is charged with annually making recommendations to the board regarding progress achieved with annual improvement goals for the state indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science, and progress achieved with other locally determined indicators that address the core content areas.
Within the SIAC, each district in Iowa, to the extent possible, is required to have committee membership that is a balanced representation regarding race, gender, national origin, and disability. Membership includes students, parents, teachers, administrators, and representatives from the local community.
A brief list of some of the SIAC goals and purposes:
- Understand and exemplify the school improvement process.
- Work collaboratively to support the district and student
- Connect with community businesses and area service agencies regarding school improvement.
- Review and receive reports regarding curriculum processes and educational programming.
- Review of district goals, analyze student achievement data, and make recommendations
- Every five years conduct a community needs assessment. Completed; to be reviewed, discussed and recommendations made.
Please contact the Superintendent’s office at 515-827-5479 or email@example.com. The SIAC meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 in the middle/high school.