Board Minutes 12/14/15
South Hamilton Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, December 14th, 2015
MS/HS Building in the boardroom
Call-To-Order: Will Johnston, President
Read – South Hamilton Community Schools; Start Here and Soar Anywhere!
Presentation of Hawk Friend of Education Award to Mrs. Sandy Teig as recommended by Mr. Myles Finn.
1. Approval of Agenda – “Preceding Board”
Consent Items: (All items listed under the consent agenda will be voted on by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a motion is made and approved prior to the time board members vote on the consent agenda items.)
3.Approve the Consent Agenda
C.Flexible Benefit Payments
4. Old Business
5. Preceding Board to Receive and Accept Audited Results from the November 17th, 2015 Special Director’s Election to fill District #2 Vacancy as Presented.
6. Oath of Office: Board Secretary to Administer the Oath to new Board Member
Public Forum. (Residents of the District, students attending the District, parents/guardians of students attending the District, and District staff members may address the Board about topics relevant to the District. Those who wish to speak must sign up at the beginning of the meeting. Speaker’s participation is limited to three minutes once per board meeting. The views and opinions of citizens addressing the Board do not necessarily reflect those of the Board, district administration, or staff. (The district asks that any-and-all speakers remember Iowa law prohibits the Board from discussing specific employees or students and/or their performance.)
8. Board Learning Session – Review of 2014-2015 Superintendent/Board of Directors Goals, discussion, and the establishment of 2015-2016 Superintendent/Board of Directors Goals.
A.Student Council – Representative
B.Activities Director – Todd Coy
C.Director of Buildings and Grounds – Curt Stoecker
D.Director of Technology – Loyal Winborn
E.Elementary Principal – Paul Hemphill
F.Secondary Principal – Scott Dryer
G.Superintendent – Ken Howard
10. Review/discuss/approve/reject – 2015-2016 Master Contract Addendum – TLC Memorandum of Understanding (M.O.U) with SHEA
11. Review/discuss – Facilities Update
12. Review/discuss/approve/reject – Approval of John Deere Gator
13. Review/discuss/approve/reject – 2015-2016 School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) Membership
14. Receive/review/discuss – 2015-2016 SIAC Cohort Recommendations to the Board
15. Review/discuss/approve/reject – Approval of 2015-2016 Superintendent/Board of Directors Goals
16. Review/discuss/approve/reject – Early Graduation Requests
18. Additional Announcements/Concerns
19. BOARD “TALKING POINTS” FOR PUBLIC and COLLEGIAL DOCUMENTATION OF
BOARD/SUPERINTENDENT GOAL PROGRESS INDICATORS
“Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.